Playing With Pizza

I tend to forget most of the things I come up with when playing in the kitchen. I am aware of this. It is a short-coming of mine that has plagued me for years.

I go into the kitchen. Open the fridge or freezer, look in the cupboards and just start throwing things together. Sometimes they turn out great. Sometime not. When they do turn out great, I cannot often remember what went into the making of the dish.

Tonight was one of those nights when it turned out great. Because of that, I decided that, before my mind wanders to the next meal, I would write it down. I even got pictures!

This meal was one of those that is so simple and made with things that most cooks have on hand; especially those cooks with teens in the house.

Without going too much into the needed foodstuffs, let's start playing with pizza!

Upsidedown Pizza Pie
preheat oven to 400 degrees

Mix together your favorite pizza toppings (hold the cheese) with enough pizza or pasta sauce to generously cover the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate, about 3 cps of filling.
For mine, I used 1 cup of cooked greens, 1/8 cp of pepperoni, 1/4 cp chopped mushrooms, 1 tbs sliced olives, 1 tbs chopped onion.
For the pizza crust:
1 cp Bisquick
3/4 cp milk
1 egg
Mix together until all ingredients are blended. Pour over the top of the "pizza" toppings.
Cover the crust with approximately 1/2 to 1 cup of Mozzarella.

Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until crust is set and cheese is browned.

So easy! And so tasty!!

will post pic tomorrow morning.

Comments

Becca said…
Yummmmmmmmmmmmm