Weight Loss?

My Boyfriend/DH wanted to get rid of about 20 lbs. He whined and complained and blamed my "unhealthy" cooking habits for a time. I listened (sure I did) and tried to cook in a more healthy manner...didn't change much. Found the whole thing rather insulting. I don't buy chips, soda, or boxed foods except for pasta and the occasional couscous blend. The purchasing of fresh veggies is done every other day or so. And, I don't use animal fats or many fats for that matter until the invention of this snack.

Anyway, one day, I decided to invent a sweet "sushi" type snack and purchased a container of coconut oil, a package of shredded coconut, sliced almonds, a package of flax lavash, and a bit of agave nectar. Went home and put together a sweet snack.

Boyfriend sat down and ate them in one sitting.

The lavash, being full of flax went to work almost immediately. Won't tell you where he spent the night.

The next day, I made another plate of these little goodies.

Boyfriend came home, sat down, and ate a more reasonable portion. (1 or 2)

The next day, Boyfriend came home and made himself a sweet snack using just the coconut oil, agave and a portion of lavash.

Within a month he had lost 10 lbs! Now I am giving it a go. We will see if it is just him eating less or it has anything to do with the little sweets.

If you are curious, here is how they are made.

Lavash "Sushi"
1/3 slice of Lavash (an Armenian flat bread)
1 tbs coconut oil
shredded coconut
sliced almonds
agave nectar
Evenly spread coconut oil on lavash. Lightly sprinkle with shredded coconut and sliced almonds. Drizzle lightly with agave nectar.
Roll lavash to form a "roll-up" and slice into 1/2 inch rounds.
Place on serving dish and drizzle with more agave nectar if desired.
These are a fun way to get some good fats and omega 3. Tastes similar to an almond joy without the chocolate. I imagine you could add a bit or use carob to get the full almond joy effect.
Maybe I will try that next!

Comments

Deb Schiff said…
What a neat idea! Thanks for posting.