Creative Kitchen Muse Devises A Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad

I have been so bored with my kitchen lately.  Haven't come  up with anything new is so long that I was beginning to wonder if I had lost my kitchen MoJo.  This was a really traumatic thing for me to contemplate!  What was going on?  The same meals week after week after week.  Not boring ones, mind you.  Just not the normal creative "explore the spice cupboard" ones that were the norm.

Flash forward from my last post to today.  The Creative Kitchen Muse returned and prompted me to prepare this wonderfully different salad.

Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad
serves 4 to 6

2 medium to large sweet potatoes, boiled in skins until just fork tender.
1/2 small sweet onion, diced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 tsps each, cumin and garam masala
1 tsp each, powdered ginger, marjoram and thyme
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbs red wine vinegar
2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves

Peel potatoes and cut into large cunks.  Add remaining ingredients except spinach.  Fold gently to keep potatoes intact and place in covered container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
To serve, divide spinach onto plates and top with potato mixture.

I must give thanks to my Kitchen Muse for this recipe.  If not for her (I think it is a her) I would still be languishing with my chicken caesar salad and broiled salmon.  

Comments